Workroom......

Here's a few shots of my workroom and a large hare Ive almost finished working on....
The Hare ultimately is staying with me but will be going on a few journeys around Easter....
Hes been the biggest and probably the most challenging soft sculpture I have made so far. He really is very large and very heavy...I don't think I could make anything much bigger than this..!!
In the image are a few of the other large pieces Ive done a swan and a spider,I love to make things really big and playing with scale.
The Hare has a small cupboard set in his chest which I think will be holding a small fake nest with an egg...I just have to finish the catch on the door and then he will be all done..
Hes filled solidly with stuffing so you can imagine how long this took me and how heavy he is,hes covered in snipped rags and finished with tea stains,acyclic washes and tons of hand stitched details.








Comments

  1. I can't tell you what pleasure it gives me to follow your blog Mr Finch ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say..thankyou very much.x

      Delete
  2. That's great!! Nice work! I also enjoy making big creatures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slightly Donnie Darko / Lynchesque. :)

    Interesting work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little creepy with the lights off!

      Delete
  4. Heavenly! And I echo Tricia's sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say....i absolutly adore your work....i have a 'thing' for bugs and anything oddly nature inspired, and your art just ticks all those boxes.
    I envy your skill.
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Hare is so fantastic! It is kind of spooky, but I like that. Hares are mysterious, and mystical and you've captured it well. Love the secret chamber where his heart would be. And the blue eyes. I'm manic about Arthur Rackham, and I think your creations are like his illustrations made real. FABULOUS! Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a HOTTIE! Love the 'hide/reveal' cavity. I suspect he probably does move around once you've turned the studio lights off for the evening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hes to heavy to move around! I think he might wave his arms and roll his eyes.xx

      Delete
  8. yes, a little bit creepy, but still...amazing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can't even begin to wrap my head around how on earth you work on something that size. he's incredible. (you're incredible.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get half way through thinking this is a bit daft and I have no filling left.....xThankyou

      Delete
  10. The hare is just amazing can't imagine how you think of these wonders but pleased that you do.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh - marvellous stuff. Feels very through the looking glass x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend just told me about you in her most excited voice. She and I are both mixed media artists and I can only say, " oh my gosh, you are a most wonderfully creative person and I hope that you go on being so for hundreds of years".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts